[CentOS-devel] Collecting data

Paul Daggett

phyrkraka at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 06:12:59 UTC 2010

 I think Hugo's point is that there are much easier ways to extract the
information you require without bloating the your kernel. It sounds like a shell
script either in Bash or Perl calling the userland functions is the best way to
go. "vmstat", "uptime", "top" and "who" could be invoked and then parsed to
provide an easy way to return much of the information you indicate is required.
I have to echo the thoughts of Alan that posting to General is a better forum
for these sorts of questions.
-Paul