[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Mon Dec 27 21:25:14 UTC 2010
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

2010/12/27 Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>:
> On 12/27/2010 09:29 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> The problem with this kind of question is the closed development process of CentOS.
>>>
>>> Even Microsoft's development process (public beta, rc, roadmap, release date) is more open than in CentOS.
>>>
>>> A good example of a transparent development process is Scientific Linux.
>>>

>> The price is right - use both if you want.   The SL alphas are out now and
>> should be close enough for testing purposes.
>>
> Actually I switched my RHEL6b2 to current SL and it works perfectly so far.

Did you go down the package list and do "yum re-install" of all the
packages which have identical names in both? It's potentially helpful
to avoid confusion about subtly different
"foo-release-version.arch.rpm" packages from each repository, which
can happen when both repositories publish new releases as increments
of a single digit from the previous release.