[CentOS-devel] CentOS test technique

Timo Schoeler

timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Tue Feb 2 10:28:48 UTC 2010

thus Fabian Arrotin spake:
> NGUYEN VAN TAN wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have built a centos for my powerpc laptop.
>> Are there any techique to test the distribution?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Nguyễn Văn Tân
>
> What do you mean by " i've built a centos for my powerpc laptop" ?
> The complete distro ? a ppc package ?
> If that's the complete disto, are your patches available somewhere ? (as
> some packages including glibc.ppc and kernel doesn't build for ppc by
> default)
> I'd be curious to know about all that ! :D

Same here! :)

> PS : we have a centos-ppc meeting this Friday, in a pre-Fosdem meeting,
> to discuss about the current ppc/ppc64, and the infrastructure around it.

Well, I was in IRC mid December and we (z00dax, amongst others) were
discussing a PowerPC port of CentOS (especially as upstream will provide
a PowerPC port of RHEL6). I do have some maschines here (I also could
and would like to enable shell access to), the biggest one being a dual
Power4+ (1.45GHz) 275. Also, I could provide ISP services like web
space, maybe CVS/SVN stuff, mailing lists etc for free.

> --
> Fabian Arrotin
> test -e /dev/human/brain || ( echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq ; echo c >
> /proc/sysrq-trigger )

Timo