[CentOS-devel] Why are Spacewalk packages removed from CentOS?

Thu Feb 11 00:03:13 UTC 2010

On 10/02/10 23:56, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>> In my opinion, if CentOS wants to be compatible with RHEL, it needs to be
>>> compatible even in the parts that may or may not be useful to its users.
>> sure, but then the reason why rhn tools were taken out of the distro in
>> CentOS-3, 4 and 5 is not because its not useful to the users, its
>> because it can and did cause real issues to the users and to Red Hat.
> Karanbir, that has been explained now at least three times. There was a
> reason why shipping the RHN stuff was useless. The situation is now
> different, and we are re-evaluating.

right, but I just want to make sure that people dont take your comments
in the wrong sense because you seemed to imply that the rhn tools were
and are removed from the centos distro due to the fact that they were
not useful to the users - which is not the case.

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh at karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh