[CentOS-devel] Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Tue Jan 12 17:49:48 UTC 2010

2010/1/11 Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>:
> There has been a recent forum thread [1] where the OP has asked about
> the C-5 Testing Repository and the php packages contained therein.
>
> When the time permits, would one of the core-devs please post a
> comment to that thread.
>
> Having defocussed my eyes, I mentally see an image of Tru, Johnny,
> Karanbir, Ralph or Russ checking the quoted URL . . .
>
> Regards,
> Alan.
>
> [1] http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24153&forum=42

I'll continue to talk to myself by mentioning that another contributor
to the above thread, in post #7, has stated that:

"The PHP packages in the CentOS testing repo are outdated."

If that indeed is the case, perhaps they should be pulled -- if the
original CentOS packager is unable to maintain them?

Alan.