[CentOS-devel] Alan Bartlett as forum moderator

Sun Jan 24 13:32:38 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at ieee.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 00:34 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Am 23.01.10 21:32, schrieb Phil Schaffner:

>> I thought that had already happened. I changed something in the
>> management thingy on the website thingy so that Alan's user thingy now
>> says something about him being a Moderator - I hope that that is what
>> was supposed to happen.
>>
>> If not we need someone with a tad more xoops foo than I have :)
>
> He has now been promoted.  Thanks, and thanks to Alan for stepping up to
> the job.

As Ralph (sort of) suspected, the status change has not happened.  You
should try the method in the email I sent to you (and other usual
suspects) which I copy here:

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:07:41 -0800
From: Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>
To: Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>,
	Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>, Fabian
Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>,
	Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Alan Bartlett for a CentOS forum moderator

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ralph at centos.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> When is your next meeting?  This agenda is way over due (almost a
>> month from the initial request).
> Well, having asked on list, the usual suspects said "yes", the others
> said nothing, so I guess a yes it is.

(snip)

So, I thought I could offer some help :)

I think it goes something like:

System => Groups => Edit Groups => Moderator  (click on) Modify

Then scroll down to the "Edit Members of this Group" section, find
AlanBartlett, and add.

Hope the version of xoops there is close enough to what I have.

Akemi