[CentOS-devel] yum-3.2.8 for Centos 4 backport, part II.

Wed Jan 27 09:00:42 UTC 2010
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

David Hrbáč wrote:
>> Sorry, I've pressed enter too fast. Make it:
>>

>> Since the upgrade I see daily in the logs:
>>
>>     /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
>>
>>     error: yum:5 unknown option 'yearly' -- ignoring line
>>
>> I suppose that the support for rotating "yearly" is not included in
>> logrotate-3.7.1-10.RHEL4  (stock Centos 4.8)
>>

> Well,
> I do not see it within our logs :o( Where do you see it?
In the output of logrotate, on the stock C4.8 box used for testing. And
I do NOT see any mention of "yearly" in the manual page for that version
of logrotate

> I'll remove the
> 'yearly' from /etc/logrotate.d/yum.

I think that rotating yearly in this context is overengineered, anyway.
I use a size limit.

Manuel