[CentOS-devel] yum-3.2.8 for Centos 4 backport, part II.

Fri Jan 29 12:15:01 UTC 2010
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:41 +0100, David Hrbáč wrote:
> <snip>

> Works,
> pretty well:Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, protect-packages,
> protectbase
>
> [root at yumc4 ~]# yum check-update --enablerepo=hrb-testing
> --disablerepo=extras
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, protect-packages, protectbase
>  * update: merlin.fit.vutbr.cz
>  * base: merlin.fit.vutbr.cz
>  * hrb-testing: fs12.vsb.cz
>  * addons: merlin.fit.vutbr.cz
>  * hrb-stable: fs12.vsb.cz
> 55 packages excluded due to repository protections
> [root at yumc4 ~]#
>
> Do you have installonlyn plug-in installed? There's no such plug-in
> within this version. It's already included as a core feature.

Yes. But note that I disabled all the plugins, by editing their
configuration files, for the prior test to make sure I was not
introducing unexpected issues.

Are you saying that I need to leave those you mention enabled and
disable the rest?

Installonlyn has a configuration file, but I don't see it as an rpm -q
output. However, /usr/lib/yum-plugins/installonlyn.pvc exists, so it is
installed. Should it be enabled, disabled or removed?

> David Hrbáč
> <snip>

Thanks,
--