[CentOS-devel] tracking ABI changes in C/C++ libraries

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jul 20 12:38:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 07/20/2010 10:31 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
> The examples of integration are:
> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/apt
> http://rpm5.org/
> http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/

looks good.

> Now our team is working on the integration of the tools to the OBS
> (openSUSE Build Service) at the packages (RPM) building stage.

That sounds interesting and is exactly what I had mentioned in my
previous email that I'd like to be able to consider for the centos
buildsystem as well. It would quite nicely add a test for
changeset-between-updates sanity testing ( in as much as what sanity
means to the CentOS userbase => things haven't changed ).

We don't do any testing of that nature at the moment, we rely on
upstream having done such heavy lifting and we just aim to make sure we
are as close to their builds as possible.

- KB