[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 23:28:22 UTC 2010

On 22/07/10 23:15, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Charlie Brady wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Charlie Brady wrote:
>>> timeliness *appears* not to be important to the CentOS
>>> project, hence this discussion.
>> Not intended to be a smear - please see timeline @
>> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4386
> And this the week after OLS.  Et tu?  Ah well.
> Sure it is a data point and I suppose 'we' of CentOS are
> supposed to promise to never disappoint whomever again.
> Tough.  Not me, thank you.  This is a labor of love, and if
> you want commercial SLA's you'll have to buy them from me.
> Prices on request of a serious offer to purchase
>   	http://www.owlriver.com/wings/

I'm confused as to exactly what you are saying here. The CentOS Project
FAQ states:

Q. How long after redhat publishes a fix does it take for CentOS to
publish a fix?

A. Our goal is to have individual RPM packages available on the mirrors
within 72 hours of their release, and normally they are available within
24 hours.

Are you implying that you will provide security updates under a paid SLA
agreement but not to the wider CentOS Community?