[CentOS-devel] tracking ABI changes in C/C++ libraries

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Fri Jul 23 04:25:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, JohnS wrote:

> temp fs scares me unless I have a machine capable of RAM RAID 1 + Multi
> ECC and I have only one atm.  It would be a much better way, I can't
> argue that point.

You are missing the point that building a distribution, or
even just a few packages is going to (and had better) a binary
idempotent result.  If a machine goes down, wipe the failed
partial build and do it again

You just don't need multiply redundant backups and six nines
hardware, unless you need to heat your office

-- Russ herrold