[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates

Thu Jul 22 22:19:08 UTC 2010
Charlie Brady <charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au>

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> Apologies for not carefully reading. My guesstimate (fwiw) is that
> assistance rebuilding packages, with credible (as in at least summarize
> what you did) WORKSFORME, particularly on odd-ball corener cases like z390
> and or ppc, will not only help expedite a CentOS security release,
> but also earn you (at a bare minimum) a thank you! from CentOS developers.

AFAIK, there is no way to provide "assistance rebuilding packages".

> All processes can be improved. You started this thread by claiming not to
> know the process.

I didn't start the thread, and wasn't the first to mention the opacity of
the process.

> Figger the CentOS process, and you will know how it can be improved.

Yes, and that is why we are asking what the extant CentOS process is, and
how, perhaps, we can help with it.

Jeff, with respect, I don't think you are any more capable of changing the
current process from the outside than I am. It is time for the CentOS team
to speak.

---
Charlie