[CentOS-devel] DRBD again...

Dag Wieers

dag at wieers.com
Tue Jun 1 22:59:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 06/01/2010 09:35 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> So what else fits into this homogenous user experience plan ?
>
> upstream, downstream and the platform. Take any one of the tree away and
> in this day and age - its mostly wasted effort.

Ok, let's be more specific. On what basis are packages from downstream
accepted ? I can see a list of packages in CentOS Extras, but no clear
relation. Let alone some "homogenous user experience plan".

Also during FOSDEM this year (wrt. additional packages) you clearly
articulated that the CentOS project was going to return to its core
business, and do that well. How does that match with a CentOS Extras
repository ?

This is confusing me now, especially since kmod-drbd is out of sync with
upstream and most of the packages in CentOS Extras have not been updated
since 2007/2008.