[CentOS-devel] LiveCD suggestion

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 08:27:46 UTC 2010

Am 05.06.10 01:10, schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:

> As far as I have seen while being in #centos, most beginners' questions
> (in the context of netinstall) were more or less similar to "what should
> I put in the 'mirror' and 'path' fields ?". Can we patch anaconda so as
> to prepopulate those two without overloading any particular mirrors
> (maybe using somehow the output of mirrorlist ) ?

For those cases http://mirror.centos.org/ now(!) should be enough, we
give those ips out depending on which region you are in. Those in Asia,
South America or Africa could have a slightly problematic user
experience, though.

I don't think mirrorlist can be used at that stage, as it clearly is
asking that before network really is up, IIRC. But I may remember
incorrectly.

Ralph