[CentOS-devel] DRBD again...

Tue Jun 1 09:42:37 UTC 2010
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

yOn Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 05/31/2010 05:05 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>
>> Given the package building is so well done for drbd, by Linbit, does
>> it make sense to duplicate their effort and simply make work for the
>> maintainers of this repo?
>
> are they doing any work directly to support centos/el ? If so, it might
> be worth asking them i they would like to  work with Ralph in
> maintaining the packages in the centos repos.

You have to pay for those packages, so I doubt that is an option. It
certainly can't hurt to ask.

However in any case I am interested to get a package-list from each of the
listed Linbit packages so we can make the ELRepo packages similar. Or at
least compatible.

What worries me is that Linbit doesn't offer repositories and therefore
does not have a risk of offering multiple versions at the same time. It is
up to the user to select what packages they integrate (which is always a
good practice if you want to control your environment).

But our users expect more, spoiled brats :-)