[CentOS-devel] LiveCD suggestion

Sat Jun 5 00:24:51 UTC 2010
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

>As far as I have seen while being in #centos, most beginners' questions
>(in the context of netinstall) were more or less similar to "what should
>I put in the 'mirror' and 'path' fields ?". Can we patch anaconda so as
>to prepopulate those two without overloading any particular mirrors
>(maybe using somehow the output of mirrorlist ) ?

I swear I have always wished for this, Fedora does this now so there is
likely no technical reason a static pointer to the mirror list can't be
used unless a 'list' requires a newer version of Anaconda. The only
downside to using a static url would be all the netinstall's pointing
to the same mirror.

One of the reasons I always make sure I have a kickstart available to
avoid all that typing...

jlc