[CentOS-devel] Artwork pre-prep for v6

Wed Jun 16 19:49:46 UTC 2010
Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de>

Hi Alain,

Great to have you back. Hope everything is fine so far.

>> Besides that Alain's plan was to create one design for all releases. I
>> am not going to follow this track as imho every release should be
>> visually unique (which is also good for promotion)
>
> good for promotion ? what about corporate visual identity ? what is
> your idea exactly ?

My idea is to make every major release visually unique. There should
be something like motto which should be kept on minor releases. Maybe
even NO artwork change on minor releases could be an option.

For RHEL 6 we have to create some additional stuff as rhgb has been
replaced with plymouth.

> I'm planning, or at least try, to put more than one year of work today
> night. I've been offline for a long long time, and today I see some
> possibilities to share with you all what I've been doing.

Hey, we are CentOS. Everything is moving slow , so you haven’t missed
that much :)

Greets
Marcus