[CentOS-devel] distributed compiling with icecc out of a mock-chroot

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 07:44:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Brian Schueler <brian.schueler at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Jerry
>
> My case is a very good one. I'm able to use 22 Dual Core PCs
> in a cluster which has nearly up to 10 times of performance of
> a single system.

That is great emotional support of the product, but, again, does not
provide numerical proof of your claim. Case in point, you use 22 PCs,
yet only get 10 times the performance of a single system, so I propose
that the "icecream" package causes a performance *degradation* of 55%.
;-)

> The C5 package for icecream can be found on:
> http://repo1.pst.beuth-hochschule.de/repo/bs/el5/
> (this OpenDNS Domain is hard to resolve from outside EU, so
>  141.64.26.2 should always work).

Good, that's something at least.

jerry