[CentOS-devel] Updates to drbd-related packages

Thu Mar 11 18:03:13 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:

>>> Funny, there was just a thread on the extra repo's drbd packages today
>>> in the drbd list. Given those packages have bugs and are not really
>>> maintained, along with the fact of how easy it is to make rpm's directly
>>> from source (lacking kmod though) might it be wise to drop them?

>>I saw a brief discussion on this subject (maintaining drbd etc) on the
>>centos-devel IRC channel not long ago. Maybe this matter should be
>>discussed in the -devel mailing list ??  I would like to hear from
>>core CentOS devs.

> As suggested, I am posting here to get the dev feedback, clearly having
> kmods is a much better solution than linbits approach, but the existing
> bugs will likely catch most new uses off guard.

I have edited the subject line to make clear what we are going to discuss. :D

I remember the major work of the last update was done by Ralph with
extensive help from Fabian and other community members. I hope they
can continue the effort. :)

Akemi