[CentOS-devel] Forum overhaul

Monte Milanuk

memilanuk at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:32:20 UTC 2010

Hello all,

As an end user, I would like to know if there is any forward progress on
doing something about the CentOS forums?

This apparently has came up time and again, with various examples being
given of the deficiencies of the existing setup (depending on your point
of view).  As near as I can tell the general consensus seems to be 'yes,
something needs to be done'... and thats about as far as it gets.  I
realize everybody has lots on their plate, but this has been languishing
for a year or more, with no apparent changes being made.  For a
self-proclaimed 'enterprise' OS, the associated support forum doesn't
make much of a first impression.

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14921&forum=18

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-September/003366.html

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23201&start=0#forumpost108050

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2009-December/005252.html

What needs done?  What needs decided?  Whose backside needs a fire lit
under it?  What can *I* do?

Monte