[CentOS-devel] Interested in IA64 build.

Fri May 21 10:05:28 UTC 2010
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

So what is it that you need?  Just for someone like me to actually run it?  What would be required if I wanted to maintain my own build and keep it up to date as an un-official copy?

I'm interested in getting involved and contributing back.  Of course I'm also not sure how much work is involved just yet.

----- "Karanbir Singh" <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

| On 05/21/2010 08:20 AM, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > I noticed on the SIG that people interested in other ports of
| interest.  I'd like to express interest in the IA64 port.  What is the
| best way to get started?
| >

| Almost nothing needs to be done for IA64, its just a case of turning
| on
| a flag in the buildsystem and have it churn ia64 along with i386 and
| x86_64.
|
| The bootstrap tree that I had put together is here :
| http://dev.centos.org/~z00dax/ia64/
|
| - KB

James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
Phone   : 778-782-6573
Fax     : 778-782-3045
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca