[CentOS-devel] Talk about existing forums

Sat May 1 18:46:44 UTC 2010
Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de>

2010/5/1 Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>:
> [preamble] Top posting is intentional. No trimming is intentional.
> This is because I am trying to beat the proverbial dead horse (quoting
> P.S. referring to this thread). [/preamble]
>
> I strongly feel that each CentOS forum moderator should have an e-mail
> address that can be used for "official" CentOS business. I am not
> repeating why because it is well explained in the conversation below,
> which I posted over 4 months ago.
>
> This subject came back recently in the moderators' thread because we
> want to post our contact info in a visible place (Readme First - forum
> guidelines) so that forum users can easily find the way to reach us.
> We thought about using the PM.  But it is not only a suboptimal method
> but is now totally broken and unusable.
>
> It is our sincere hope that the CentOS core admins give this request a
> serious consideration.

I thought we somewhen decided that handing out centosproject.org email
addresses would be a good thing for such a purpose?

It's should be quite easy to set up Google Apps for that domain, so
everyone who gets such an address could decide on his/her own what to
do with it (use it within gmail, redirect ...). If that's too much
overhead, simple redirects should also fit (as on fedoraproject.org
e.g.).

Best Regards
Marcus