[CentOS-devel] DRBD 8.3.9

Jörgen Maas jorgen.maas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:03:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net> wrote:
<snip>
> One can argue that sysadmins have to keep their machine up2date (which
> is right)
> Another one can argue that if those sysadmins didn't update their
> machine prior to the drbd83 update, some 'bug reports' will appear on
> bugs.centos.org to say that the latest drbd update broke their cluster .
>
> Thoughts about this ?
>
> --
> --
> Fabian Arrotin

I think that fetching and installing the required dependencies is the way to go.

In reality it's not always possible to have up to date systems,
especially in an enterprise setting.
And that may, very likely, have nothing to do with the admins themselves.

Kind regards,
--
Jorgen Maas