[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Sergio Rubio sergio at rubio.name
Thu Nov 25 11:50:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Leonard den Ottolander <
leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:

> Hello Sergio,
> On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 10:23 +0100, Sergio Rubio wrote:
> > Had a few issues building x86_64 gcc from upstream rhel6 sources also.
> > I was building using a beta2 workstation install.
> > I've shared them in case you are interested:
> What I'm doing is a fun build, so thanks for the offer but I will
> continue building this system by myself.
> Building both glibc's in a mock root (with redhat-rpm-config) installed
> resulted in two rpms that did not conflict with one another, so I could
> continue building gcc in the updated mock root. The x86_64 version
> compiled fine so far, going to start the i686 build in a minute. I
> suppose my guess that the difference in check summing in the original
> builds was the cause of my issue was right. At least it had something to
> do with the macro setup as the absence of redhat-rpm-config was the only
> difference in both build environments.

Great, let us know how it goes please. I'm particularly interested in the

If you could share the mock config used after that, If'd greatly appreciate

Thanks for sharing.

> Regards,
> Leonard.
> --
> mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research

FrameOS Linux
website: http://www.frameos.org <http://www.frameos.org>
twitter:   @rubiojr
blog:      http://blog.frameos.org