[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Nov 26 16:27:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 11/26/2010 01:11 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>> I suggest you read it again, because your 'which basicly means' is
>>> incorrect.
>> As you stated yourself, you are being pedantic. And I think you are
>> deliberately making this thread more worse than it should be.
>
> Being pedantic does not imply I am wrong. Your basis for the argument is
> flawed, and the lengths you are going to in order to circumvent that
> issue is odd.

Huh, I stated that we have mock packages for RHEL5 and RHEL6, which
definitely is useful for a centos-devel list.

>> Explain to me how sending two mails to find users to test, is "repeated
>> spamming" ? And while you know better, you can't resist the urge to
>> disinform.
>
> So you dont think its worth sticking with the same policy for you as it
> does for everyone else ? I'm not disinforming about anything but
> clearing out the crazy FUD you are trying to create here.

No, you said I was spamming, which I was not. And I fail to see how
informing about mock packages is FUD.

>> I do think the problem is the content, as much as you don't like me
>> mentioning we have alternative kmod-drbd packages (that actualy get
>> updated frequently), you don't like others to discuss transparancy wrt.
>> the build process or alternatives.
>
> FUD... You clearly don't get it, why not stop trying and stop giving
> yourself all the grief ?

What grief ?

>> Well, this is the Internet, get used to it.
>
> I am also fairly sure that the 'internet' does not imply freedom to do
> as you want, when you want, where you want - and suite yourself in
> anyway you like with no response from anyone. Its the 'where' bit that
> you need to go think about a bit.

I think you are turning things around, I am not trying to shut a
discussion down. I didn't do anything wrong by posting there are
recent mock packages available.

Spam and FUD, what's next...