[CentOS-devel] Considering repo re-structuring

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:21:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 04:52, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> The other option is to split the repos into
> [os]
> [updates]
> [optional] {1}
> [optional-updates] {2}
>
> {1} or use a better / different name
> {2}  do we even need the second -updates, we could go with what the
> present policy w.r.t centosplus/extras is - and drop updates into the
> same repo

[core]  # your basic OS
[core-updates]
[extras] # the items not in basic
[extras-updates]
[bonus] # items not supplied by the upstream release?
[bonus-updates]

Keeping things consolidated as possible is good for developers dealing
with 'oh wait I need this from the sever-optional and this from
workstation-optional' problems. [Seeing this in compiling stuff for
EPEL]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren