[CentOS-devel] helping with CentOS-6 - step-1

JohnS

jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 04:28:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 00:03 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> There is, an extremely brief, overview of the whole process at :
> http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/Round1
----
Nice write up and thanks for being more open about the process.  Lets
try to open up more...

Now my  Cheese with the Wine...

Under "Targets":
Ensure that all buildrequires and the minimum build chroot scripts are
setup

How can you you expect people to do so when there are no buildsys binary
or source rpm for CentOS 6?  The closest match is the one for CentOS 5
[1].  Other than my own binary I have which may not justfy for CentOS
usage.

John

[1]
http://dev.centos.org/centos/buildsys/5/buildsys-build-0.5-6.el5.centos.7.noarch.rpm