[CentOS-devel] helping with CentOS-6 - step-1

seth vidal

skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 12 04:59:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 23:28 -0500, JohnS wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 00:03 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> > There is, an extremely brief, overview of the whole process at :
> > http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/Round1
> ----
> Nice write up and thanks for being more open about the process.  Lets
> try to open up more...
>
> Now my  Cheese with the Wine...
>
> Under "Targets":
> Ensure that all buildrequires and the minimum build chroot scripts are
> setup
>
> How can you you expect people to do so when there are no buildsys binary
> or source rpm for CentOS 6?  The closest match is the one for CentOS 5
> [1].  Other than my own binary I have which may not justfy for CentOS
> usage.

Mock for fedora 13 uses the comps buildsys-build group.

from mock's f13 config

config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'groupinstall buildsys-build'

and pkgs for epel6 are doing the same.

that comps is available here:
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/repos/dist-6E-epel-build/latest/i386/repodata/comps.xml

that looks like what you want.