[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Leonard den Ottolander

leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Nov 25 13:25:55 UTC 2010

Hello Sergio,

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 12:50 +0100, Sergio Rubio wrote:
> If you could share the mock config used after that, If'd greatly
> appreciate it.

I'm using the epel-6-x86_64 and epel-6-i386 configs from the rebuilt
Fedora 14 1.1.6-1 srpm - you need pigz from Fedora too -, enabling the
beta and beta-optional repos. (Some of the devel packages are only
available in beta-optional.) To this I added a local repo
"updates" (using a file:// baseurl) - I commented out the default
"updates" repo to avoid naming conflicts but you could use a different
name instead - to which I copy the resulting rpms. This way the build
roots automatically get updated with the fresh rpms after an invocation
of
$ creatrepo .
in the repo directory and a subsequent mock rebuild.

Since binutils didn't need an update going from 6beta to 6 I currently
only have the mock roots patched with the glibc-2.12-1.7.el6 and related
rpms. Next I will be adding the gcc-4.4.4-13.el6 and related rpms so
subsequent packages will be build with the new compiler.

Regards,
Leonard.