[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 26 12:15:41 UTC 2010

On 11/26/2010 07:38 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>> Which basicly means the thread was fine, until you got fed up with where
>>> it was going. Not sure why me mentioning the mock builds triggered you.
> I actually did, in fact I have read all the emails and usually refrain
> from replying when I have an opinion (given my past).

I suggest you read it again, because your 'which basicly means' is
incorrect.

>> Or you should stop feeling so insecure and thinking everyone is out to
>> get you. I've almost always made requests to maintain sanity, not only
>> on this list but plenty of other places as well.
>
> I guess that's matter of opinion. The availability of recent mock packages
> for CentOS fits the centos-devel bill, just as the availability of
> kmod-packages for CentOS belongs on the general centos mailinglist.

Thats just bollocks. If every project was to announce every package in
the main list, were looking at thousands of announcements there. You
were repremanded after repeated spamming, not when you announced the
efforts. And I am confident that we have been consistent with that
policy over the years. Quite a few people have announced efforts and
points of interest, its only when they digress into spamming have people
objected.

- KB