[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Fri Nov 26 18:44:07 UTC 2010

hi,

EL6 now includes abrt ( https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/ ), which is setup
to talk with bugzilla.r.c and comes with a plugin that allows details
passed to rhsupport. We dont really want either of those two things to
happen. So we can either :

- Remove abrt completely ( might not be the best overall solution, but
it would surely be the fastest short term target )

- Leave abrt in the distro, but disable chatter abilities with anything
*.r.c; and *.fedoraproject.org ( that leaves functionality partially
intact, but local implementations would need to adopt and go with
whatever they want / need; this solution might not be as nice as the
last option)

- Last option: get a plugin together that can do what's needed to file
at bugs.c.o ( we might need a few more people to get involved with
triage and handling of issues via that route! )

Who wants to take on the task of handling abrt, getting the work done
and driving this issue into CentOS-6 ? Being able to code in python
might not be optional..

- KB