[CentOS-devel] KDE 3.5

Thu Nov 18 07:59:07 UTC 2010
Jake Shipton <jakems at hotmail.co.uk>

On 17/11/10 23:02, felek at bpmok.waw.pl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will be any chance, to get KDE 3.5 on CentOS 6?
> I ask, because i dont like new-look KDE 4, and not realy love Gnome.

I don't think so, I believe RHEL6 has KDE 4.x. You probably could try
manually downgrading it by building your own RPM's (or make installing)
but I wouldn't recommend it.

There are other desktop environments out there aside from Gnome and KDE,
maybe you could check out those? Though you may need non-official packages.

An example of "other" environments would be Xfce, or LXDE, or Openbox etc.

Most environments, if not all now have the ability to change how they
look so maybe you could try different themes with them? For example you
could probably find a theme for KDE 4.x to make it look like 3.5, not
saying you will, but might.

So if it's purely visual that's stopping you from using KDE 4.x then it
may be possible customized themes may fix that for you :-)

--
Jake