[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Fri Nov 26 01:04:34 UTC 2010
Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 25/11/2010 22:37, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>> and this isnt the rebuilding-rhel-devel-list
>> It's the closest there is.
>
> that does not make it right or welcome. I made a polite request

In my opinion, it's both right and welcome. This list is my *one*
connection to this technical "circle". If I had OP's problem, this is
certainly the first list I would look to for an answer. Thinking of
the definition of CentOS, if you want no part of a
rebuilding-rhel-devel-list, then maybe you should not be on *this*
list, or just not be *rebuilding* rhel in the first place, hmm?

Further, you're "polite request" sounds more like passive-aggressive
hogwash, and it could have just as easily been stated at the very
beginning when OP stated very openly, "(Posting on this list instead
of a RHEL list as even though strictly speaking this is a RHEL issue I
expect CentOS developers to be familiar
with the problem I'm running into.)".

>>> I'm guessing you missed the bit where I had previously confirmed that we
>>> didn't have any such problem.

Ah yes, the Royal "We". FWIW, I missed that "bit" also - I see no such
statement in this thread.

>> Which basicly means the thread was fine, until you got fed up with where
>> it was going. Not sure why me mentioning the mock builds triggered you.
>
> I am guessing you are just blowing hot air here, and haven't even looked
> at this the rest of this thread have you ?

"Guessing" as to what each, or any, list member has read, or not read,
is both wrong and unwelcome.

>> Maybe we ought to make the mailinglists moderated so you can select what
>> doesn't trigger you ?
>
> Or you should stop feeling so insecure and thinking everyone is out to
> get you. I've almost always made requests to maintain sanity, not only
> on this list but plenty of other places as well.

The latter comment may fit in at alt.therapy.centos, but here it
sounds judgemental and controlling.
1. Delete the bothersome e-mail.
2. Move on.

That said, I segue into a "Thank you". :-)
No really, I mean it. I'm nearing the end of our Thanksgiving holiday
here in the US, and I am again thinking of the time and effort of so
many people that makes CentOS what it is - sincerely, "Thank You" to
everyone. Just please, don't contribute *emotional* time and
effort.....

jerry