[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Fri Nov 26 10:16:09 UTC 2010
Jean-Marc Liger <jmliger at siris.sorbonne.fr>

Le 26/11/10 04:02, Douglas McClendon a écrit :
> On 11/25/2010 07:04 PM, Jerry Amundson wrote:
>>> that does not make it right or welcome. I made a polite request
>> In my opinion, it's both right and welcome. This list is my *one*
>> connection to this technical "circle". If I had OP's problem, this is
>> certainly the first list I would look to for an answer. Thinking of
>> the definition of CentOS, if you want no part of a
>> rebuilding-rhel-devel-list, then maybe you should not be on *this*
>> list, or just not be *rebuilding* rhel in the first place, hmm?
>>
>> Further, you're "polite request" sounds more like passive-aggressive
>
> As an observer who has been entirely guilty of being poisonly dramatic
> on other fedora-lists, but who has hopefully matured, I have to agree
> with this.  On the other hand I also have to say that Dag's responses
> were equivalently thoughtless in regard to actually building up the
> community, instead of just inciting KS to dig deeper into his position.
>
> On the other other hand, that doesn't mean I think those 'thoughtless'
> comments were wrong.  I.e. if KS really does feel that strongly,
> moderation is the real answer that would facilitate a community without
> these sorts of non-productive, community-poisoning heal-digging-in drama
> fests.
>
> $0.02...
>
> -dmc

Each Flag war is shamefull for the protagonists and hurts all the
community. I'd rather read some less appropriated topics than I can
quickly bypass if I don't feel concerned. Technical debates are welcome,
Personal conflicts are unpolite. Centos merits better.

JML