[CentOS-devel] Considering repo re-structuring

Fri Nov 26 18:30:45 UTC 2010

On 11/26/2010 05:06 PM, Jean-Marc Liger wrote:
> Something which focus on what was the CentOS 4 Server CD is a good target.
> We could base it on some current Group Install Options like "CentOS//
> Server (GUI)".

Thats possible, but we should try and consider what the install package
sets are on the upstream product and see if its possible to match that
in some way.

w.r.t ServerCD-4, i just went with the most common server packages ( as
measured by download numbers on mirror.c.o ); that worked as an
additional install media, over and above the main distro CD/DVD set, but
if we are going to have something like this for our main install media I
feel trying to get close to the upstream product might be a good idea.

what do you think ?

- KB