[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Fri Nov 26 19:07:28 UTC 2010
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> <snip>
>
> Who wants to take on the task of handling abrt, getting the work done
> and driving this issue into CentOS-6 ? Being able to code in python
> might not be optional..

Due to the fact that there are still lots of thing to do for a CentOS
6.0 release, i don't think that putting extra work (by providing a
specific centos plugin package for abrt that will delay/postpone the
release) at this time is the best idea.
I do like the idea of having abrt working for next release, aka 6.1
though. Now that the problem/issue was identified and that a correct fix
implies development (not a single patch), i'd rather see it postponed
than the whole distro.
My personal thought though :-)

Fabian Arrotin