[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Fri Nov 26 19:21:42 UTC 2010
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/26/2010 07:07 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> I do like the idea of having abrt working for next release, aka 6.1
>> though. Now that the problem/issue was identified and that a correct fix
>> implies development (not a single patch), i'd rather see it postponed
>> than the whole distro.
>
> I would be happy with that personally. But I *would* like to take steps
> to make sure that CentOS installs dont hit resources not hosted at
> *.centos.org

Is abrt running during anaconda install process ? i know that it's the
case in beta2refresh but don't know if it is in 6.0 GA. That would
indeed mean that abrt should still be built and provided with centos 6.0
and so maybe just disabling/identifying what needs to be done just to be
sure that it doesn't hit @redhat.com machines.
But i'm still thinking that the specific abrt plugin to report bugs in
the centos mantis bug report system should be postponed, except if a
python guru can write it in 2 minutes and that it can be tested directly
in the QA process.

Fabian Arrotin