[CentOS-devel] glibc x86_64 vs. i686 file conflict when building from sources

Fri Nov 26 20:24:51 UTC 2010
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

Am 26.11.10 17:27, schrieb Dag Wieers:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:
[plus several more levels of this]

Can we make a drinking game out of that at FOSDEM? Or you two boxing it
out?

I know both of you, and I know that you really want to do the same:
Further open distributions and packages. I don't want to sound harsh,
but you two really should talk about that in person and stop harassing
each other on public mailing lists - that doesn't go well for both of
you. I know there are differences, but you somehow should overcome this.

One of you less pedantic, one of you more so.

But please, try to stop being childish. Rebuilding RHEL into CentOS is a
very clear task. Offering packages optional to that is another very
clear task. And both are needed and both need to be discussed. Maybe
even on one list - and maybe it is this list.

But getting at each others throats does not help both tasks.

In my (really) not so humble opinion. I know both of you have a
different view on how things could or should be done, but I see no
reason to do that the way you are doing it here at the moment.

Ralph