[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Fri Nov 26 21:37:03 UTC 2010
Matt Rose <mattrose at folkwolf.net>

> Am 26.11.10 22:06, schrieb Matt Rose:
>
>> Speaking as the only System Engineer/Build Engineer/SCM
>> maintainer/Bugzilla maintainer at my work, I can say that bugzilla is
>> definitely not a full-time job.  If you give me access to a c.o machine
>> could probably set one up in an afternoon.
>
> Hmmm. Need to think about that. Can you write up what would be needed to
> do that? Database?

The main things are MySQL, Perl, an MTA, and Apache2.  There's a whackload
of perl modules that are needed as well that I don't remember off the top
of my head.  There's a checksetup perl script that will install them if
you don't mind polluting your system with CPAN modules.  If not, I think
Dag has all of the perl modules as rpms.

Requirements are listed here.
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.0/html/installation.html

I'm afraid that that will be another sink for user
> accounts, and we already have quite a few of those. Do you think there
> would be any chance to reuse the b.c.o accounts from mantis?

With my use case, bugzilla.c.o would only need a couple of users to triage
and treat appropriately.

Honestly, I think this may not be a bad way to do things permanently,
based on Felix's experiences from using abrt in Fedora, as it would let
developers concentrate on reproducible bugs.

Matt