[CentOS-devel] Considering repo re-structuring

Mon Nov 29 12:35:32 UTC 2010

On 11/27/2010 09:07 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> What I don't want to have is base, updates, plus, extras and optional.
>> Either we drop base and put our packages into "optional" too, or we just
>> put "optional" into our extras.
>
> optional in extras would also be fine imho.

In light of the fact that upstream's optional repo's are specific to the
variant, I dont think we have any options ourselves. If we were to make
a list of things that are in all <varient>-options repo's we'd be left
with a very small list, and we'd need to put the rest into the base distro.

Which then really closes the door on having components in a seperate
repo, with the base being light. We're going to need to drop everything
into base and consider doing parallel builds. at the moment, thats the
base+livecd+minimal

or am I missing something ?

- KB