[CentOS-devel] WAS//handling ABRT//NOW Reality

Mon Nov 29 22:43:01 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 22:29 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> That is what I am not sure about and especially where my hesitations
> come from (seeing how many people help tracking bugs on bugs.centos.org).

Ok this is not about "abrt" but is about bug reports.tracking.etc...
I'm just bringing it up again and it is no way to mean anything to you.
(Ralph)...

I don't think it is really clear enough if people are wanted to submit
patches to the bz for things like [1]. Or for that matter for those of
who can fix things and provide el6 workable sources.  IE, the ones of us
that have EL5 hosts that support building for EL6.  It seems to me it
was just a errrrr ok if you can but we don't really want that?  I think
we all need an enlightenment on this.

I have a Spread Sheet dump of bz.co.c and 90% are Block Status? I also
see [2] which has not changed in 3 days {Sat 27 Nov 2010 05:50:45 PM
EST}.  Check the server logs and you will see :-)
{Mon Nov 29 17:42:30 EST 2010}

1. Is it getting blocked from being in the distro?
2. It is clearly patch hell for a beginner.
3. It would be a great patch project.
4. Like a Jigsaw Puzzle non the less it can be patched to workability.
5. Clearly it has more ".com" references than the law allows.
6. Maybe this should go in the reality thread?
7. Define the patchable ones and maybe we can split them up between the
ones that do know how to do so.

John

[1] http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4648
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/AuditStatus