[CentOS-devel] EL6 and larger than DVD install media

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Oct 20 06:34:05 UTC 2010

  On 10/19/2010 08:57 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> To me, it would be more effective (from a space perspective) to align
> a little more closely with how RHEL distributes and have a 'core' or
> 'server' disk, and then a workstation disk. By separating out
> OpenOffice and a few other apps that should free up enough space to
> have a single iso that covers what people are looking for. Desktop
> users aren't really going to need tomcat6, ant, etc. and most server
> folks won't want openoffice or other similar stuff.
>
> Just my $0.02(USD, $0.03 CND)
I second that option. Not to mention that I do not even remember that
last time that I had to install tomcat from the distro, as all web
developers I am in touch with insisted on having newer versions. ( No, I
do not suggest to leave tomcat out, but I am in favor of not including
it in the Workstation disk)

(    Jim's 0.0145507457 euro )