[CentOS-devel] I want to help

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 4 14:26:34 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 10:50 AM, Marian Marinov wrote:
> I want to offer hardware (build servers) and I also want to volunteer time for
> cleaning up packages.

Because this comes up again and again and again I just want to quantify
that buildservers are only helpful if you can ship them out to be
located next to or very near the existing setup. Unless the resource
itself can be assured to / with the same level of trust as the existing
platform, the chances of that resource getting used are very slim.

Consider this: would you run packages that were built on $random site,
with little or zero assurance of what, why and who has access to the
machines ? I wont :)

Welcome to some of the strange and wonderful issues that are needed to
be dealt with on a regular basis in .centos.org

- KB