[CentOS-devel] submit a RPM

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Apr 7 10:29:20 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 02:09 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'm not sure why an app developer would think a specialized package exclusively
> for CentOS would be desirable - and that idea seems like a particularly hard
> sell when the only goal for CentOS is binary compatibility with upstream.

There is a lot of stuff that is distro specific out there, eg. cloud
services; besides lets not try and solve the problems for all the
various app projects out there. The aim is to create a process and
resource pool behind that process / policy. Leave it to the vendors to
see if they want to make the effort inbound.

Going by the fact that I have over a dozen request-for-more-info in my
inbox since this thread started, I feel there is definitely something to
be done.

- KB