[CentOS-devel] what / how could test reports be published

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Thu Apr 7 13:02:06 UTC 2011

Dne 7.4.2011 14:21, Thomas Bendler napsal(a):
> What do you expect, BFO adapted for CentOS in one day completely
> tested and
> ready to roll-out? Sorry but this need a bit more work and coordination (and
> I guess most people here have regular jobs which had in the end more
> priority).

Well,
I will add this. Karanbir, you can't expect to find a lot of people to
contribute testing scripts.  Firstly, this is something that not many
companies/people are doing, they are just deploying. And secondly, you
can't expect positive feedback and mailbox full of scripts after many
weeks of "if you don't like it, go aways".

> I think (my personal opinion) that the first thing that should be done is a
> kind of an architecture overview to see what the goal of this project is.
> Based on this tasks need to be defined and names need to be found to execute
> the tasks. With other words, this need to be coordinated in a proper project
> way to get people involved and doing stuff. It's not helpful to say we need
> something but leave the community alone with the realization and be
> disappointed if the thing won#t be solved in a short time frame. But again,
> this is my personal opinion, I'm just convinced that a project like this
> need a proper project management when more than two people contribute
> developments if the result should be valuable.

Thomas is very right, if you want the results, you must take it
seriously and keep it as project. It really seem to me like "go and
search for RH trademarks" issue again.
DH