[CentOS-devel] WebSite V2 - progress

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Tue Apr 19 00:54:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 00:47:00 +0200
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 19.04.11 00:29, schrieb Les Mikesell:

> Yes. Our wiki at least cannot import things like RSS feeds. Same goes
> for sponsor's banners and a few other things.
>
> Plus: I have no idea if the wiki can keep up with the hit rates the
> web site has.

Just a note ref. traffic to the web site proper (centos.org). I know
that when one visits the forums and wants to log in it will then bring
you to the main landing page after logging in; and login isn't
persistent so one has to log in every time one visits.

I'm sure that accounts for a lot of the traffic. Being able
to log in and have it set a cookie so one doesn't have to log in every
time you visit the forums would be a good thing. And/or have it drop
you on the forum index / landing page instead of the centos.org page
after logging in would also reduce traffic to the main site. CentOS is
the only forum I visit (used to visit) frequently that doesn't remember
me from day to day.  fwiw.