[CentOS-devel] submit a RPM

Wed Apr 6 21:47:37 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 04:56 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Are there any guidelines as to what should be in centosplus as opposed
> to some third party repo usable by RHEL, centos, and other rebuilds?

Do we need to have a policy about other repo's :) I guess the only
policy might be : let them do what they think is right for them.

> And if they are more current versions of something included in the base
> distro, whether they  should replace the stock package or be an
> alternatively-named package that can co-exist - or if both approaches
> are permitted, what guidelines would be used for the choice.

Anything that replaces anything in the distro would goto CentOSPlus,
everything else goes to Extras/ or Contrib/; pkgs in CentOSPlus can
depend on Extras/ or Contrib/ but not the other way around.

Not everything can exist in multiple versions, in a parallel install -
if there is something that can, then the choice to use
<name><significatver> in %{name} is ok. eg. We do that with drbd at the
moment.

- KB