[CentOS-devel] what / how could test reports be published

Thu Apr 7 13:06:54 UTC 2011
Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com>

On 04/07/2011 01:39 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 01:21 PM, Thomas Bendler wrote:
>> What do you expect, BFO adapted for CentOS in one day completely tested
>> and ready to roll-out? Sorry but this need a bit more work and
>> coordination (and I guess most people here have regular jobs which had
>> in the end more priority).
>
> As do I, have a day job. And I'm also not looking for anything being
> developed or implemented. At the moment, its just a case of asking
> people for enough feedback so we can start with the design stages.
> Implementing stuff comes a fair bit down the road.
>
>> I think (my personal opinion) that the first thing that should be done
>> is a kind of an architecture overview to see what the goal of this
>> project is. Based on this tasks need to be defined and names need to be
>
> Right, and therefore I am looking for people's feedback on what they
> would expect to see in such a tool. Or are you suggesting that you are
> not clear about why we are doing tests ?

Hi Karanbir,

I'm thinking of implementing a small script (python/virt-install etc...)
without any external tool (BFO, cobbler)

I have some questions:

1. Does we need to get the kickstart and tests from git repo  ?

2. Is there any restrictions of the QA infrastructure, like setup a
central server/vm for hosting the Centos repo, kickstarts and the tests
script ?

I need this to prepare a similar environment for testing.

Regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj
RHCE