[CentOS-devel] [QA] Test-scripts for Dovecot POP3/IMAP

Fri Apr 15 12:26:10 UTC 2011
Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com>

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 06:17 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> The CentOS Project is building a suite of automated tests that we are
> using to help us with QA after we get our tree ready.
>
> This test suite will run on our tree after we get it moved to our QA
> servers.
>
> This is being run by people other than Karanbir, Tru, and me ... so it
> is already "opened up".
>
> As to how it is being run, that is up to the people who we have "opened
> it up to".

See this here? This should be documented and on the web in a very
prominent position. This is awesome to know this.

There are thousands of people who use CentOS who build automated testing
suites, using numerous tools and methodologies.

So, so far I've learnt that we use Mock to build the centos packages,
and we actually do have a test suite in development.

Great - Now, we just needs those two steps up, online, and for the
community to see. Hopefully with hundreds more eyes on it, we can grow
even more. Personally, I think I'll start helping you guys with your PR,
because getting info feels like getting blood from a stone. Call me
impatient of whatever you wish, (not aimed at Johnny Huges or anyone
person,)  I will continue to pester you guys, and you can hate seeing
Mister IT Guru in your inbox!! But I truly believe CentOS needs to come
into the light - don't want to CentOS to go the debian root (geddit!)