[CentOS-devel] Centos server installation

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 2 16:19:15 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 05:01 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Anyway, wouldn't this break "binary compatibility with upstream"?
>
> Agreed - it is something that upstream should provide too.  Or at least
> a yum group or list of packages in a form that yum would understand to
> install them later.

So the interesting thing about that is - that no, it wont break upstream
compatibility; since the groups that are put in are done by us -
remember that upstream has varients that we dont, and their process and
policy around those varients depends on various non technical factors (
eg. how much money you paid for the subscription that in turn got you
the install media ).

Lets say, its a bit of a grey area - we *could* have that as an option
if people *really* wanted it. I suspect a yum install \* in the %post of
a ks.cfg would achieve about the same result.

- KB